users@jaxb.java.net

IdentifiableObject cast for IDREF check throwing null

From: Sean O'Leary <soleary_at_NCEN.COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 11:07:06 -0600

I was wondering if you could help me with a little problem I am having with JAXB and IDREF fields. I am filling an ID attribute value way before filling an IDREF attribute value in my content tree. Then when I marshall I just get NULL for the following bit of code that is in the generated classes:

context.text(context.onIDREF(((com.sun.xml.bind.marshaller.IdentifiableObject)((java.lang.Object) _IMXLoanID))));

I narrowed it down a bit and _IMXLoanID has a value but when it casts to IdentifiableObject it gives a null. Does anyone know what is wrong with this bit of code? FYI, _IMXLoanID is just an attribute of the class and it is a String object.

Help!