users@jaxb.java.net

-use-runtime

From: Gary Gregory <ggregory_at_seagullsw.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 16:33:17 -0400

Hello all,

We use many XSDs here and I resorted to creating a "dummy" XSD to generate
the 1.0.1 common runtime to a common package that makes sense for us. All
other xjc ant invocation point to this common package with -use-runtime.

This is quite a pain and ugly in our build since we also delete the extra
classes generated for this dummy XSD.

I would like to suggest that XJC could be invoked for the /sole purpose/ of
generating the common runtime. This would allow all other ant xjc invocation
to depend on this "generate jaxb runtime task" and be done with it.

Thank you for considering this request,

Gary