users@jaxb.java.net

Re: JAXB1.0.1 generated java/class files are much larger compared to JAXB1.0.0

From: Ed Mooney <Ed.Mooney_at_sun.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 16:27:32 -0400

Hi Ganga,

In 1.0, we shipped the runtime as a library whereas in 1.0.1 most of it
is part of the generated code. This makes it easier to keep subsequent
releases of the JAXB RI backward compatible with 1.0.1 applications.

Since the size of the runtime is fixed, the relative impact on footprint
depends on the overall size of your generated code. However, if you
compile multiple independent schemas, you'll get a runtime for each. You
can use the -use-runtime switch to xjc to generate code that re-uses an
existing runtime (see
http://java.sun.com/webservices/docs/1.2/jaxb/xjc.html).

Regards,
--
Ed Mooney         |Sun Microsystems, Inc.|Time flies like
Java Web Services |UBUR02-201            |an arrow, but