users@jaxb.java.net

Unsigned Applets & JAXB

From: Stefan H Westlund <d98-swe_at_javasoul.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 00:59:11 +0200

I have a problem to develop an applet which uses JAXB.
When I do unmarshal, a java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.util.PropertyPermission java.home read) occurs. As much as I figured it out, the parser seems to make a call to System.getProperty("java.home") which is absolutely forbidden in (unsigned) Applets.
Is there a solution for this problem? I have scanned this list but I have not seen any solution for this problem even if there was some tips about a Debug.class file. Unfortunaly that did not work.
I really want to run this unsigned and sure there must be some of you out there with the same problem of Applets & JAXB. I don't want to make any settings in the browser and neither will my users. Besides... Settings in the browser will not only affect my Applet but every Applet? That's not a secure solution... No users will commit that for sure....

Best Regards/
Stefan W