users@jaxb.java.net

Re: java.lang.reflect.Proxy: NoClassDefFoundError

From: Marcus Walls <marcus.walls_at_aspective.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 19:15:51 +0100

Kohsuke,

Many thanks for the reply:

>I think we can't officially support JDK 1.2 any more, but
>maybe, perhaps we could modify our source code that JAXB at
>least runs on JDK 1.2 (probably with some sort of limitation)
>
> [...]
>
>I'd appreciate if you would tell me whether this works for you.

I've just managed to give this a quick test, and it seems to be
working pretty well. I won't be able to give my code a full
test until next week, so I can't say if it's working perfectly,
just yet, but it is looking promising!

Any chance of a -jdk1.2 switch for xjc in the next release? :-)

The "workaround" is no inconvenience for me anyhow - since I've
more than 40 schemas to work with I was sharing a single runtime,
which I was generating once as part of my build script and then
re-using. I'll just have to remember to regenerate my runtime
and re-apply the modifications when the next release comes out.

Thanks for the help!

Marcus