users@jaxb.java.net

Re: [ERROR] A property with the same name "Value" is generated from more than one schema component.

From: Sekhar Vajjhala <sekhar.vajjhala_at_sun.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 06:58:13 -0600

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003 05:54:45 -0600, Phil Haigh <phil_at_HAIGH-FAMILY.COM> wrote:
> <xsd:element name="set-property">
> <xsd:complexType>
> <xsd:simpleContent>
> <xsd:extension base="xsd:string">
> <xsd:attribute ref="property" use="required"/>
> <xsd:attribute ref="value" use="required"/>
> </xsd:extension>
> </xsd:simpleContent>
> </xsd:complexType>
> </xsd:element>

The error indicates a name collision. The content of a complex type with
simpleContent binds to a simple property (Section 5.3.2.1 of the JAXB 1.0
specification). So you would get a get/setValue for the the content model. But the fragment also contains a reference to a global attribue "value". The would be bound to get/setValue as well. The result is therefore a name
collision.

You need to use the <property> customization to change one of the
above two property names.

>And here is my error when I try to process it: [ERROR] A property with the same name "Value" is generated from more than one schema component.

Sekhar Vajjhala
Sun Microsystems