users@jaxb.java.net

Re: JAXB and XPointer,Xlink or XInclude

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 07:42:56 -0700

A Stephanie <stephandre_at_NETCOURRIER.COM> wrote:
> l like to know if it is possible to work with several files XML with JAXB.
> Does it possible in a XML file to add link , pointer to an another file for take the data?
> The Xinclude language use in a XML document does it compatible with JAXB?

JAXB doesn't directly process XInclude and I think that's a good thing
(from the modularity perspective.)

What you can do is to combine JAXB with XInclude processor so that you
can unmarshal documents that uses XInclude.

For example, you can use open-source XInclude engine
(http://xincluder.sourceforge.net/) and use its XIncludeFilter as an
XMLReader and pass that to the JAXB RI.

As for XLink, those are just ordinary attributes as far as JAXB is
concerned. But I'm not so familiar with XLink so I'm interested in any
idea you have for the potential support for XLink.

regards,
--
Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI                  408-276-7063 (x17063)