users@jaxb.java.net

Technical Help Required in configuring JAXB in WebApp

From: Kedar Bapat <k_bapat_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 12:43:54 -0700

Hi,

I am developing a WebApplication using J2EE.
I am making use of JAXB for exchanging XML data with
the middle tier.

Currently the developer environment is on Apache
TomCat Server and we have a specific build structure
in place.

When I compile all the JAXB generated classes in a
package say "com.X.Y",

I place the compiled classes in
{$TOMCAT_HOME}\webapps\MyWebApp\Web-inf\Classes\com.X.Y
including the jaxb.properties and bgm.ser file
genrated by the XJC compiler.

However when I create a new Instance in my servlet
using :
 JAXBContext jc = JAXBContext.newInstance( "com.X.Y"
);

I get a JAXBexception that it is unable to locate the
jaxb.properties file.

I have already tried out the guidelines as per
following link:
http://java.sun.com/xml/jaxb/jaxbWithTomcat.html

But I get the same exception....

Can u help me on this.The Src for JAXB is not
available on Sun's WebSite. The error originates from
the searchcontextPath method wherein it is not able to
locate this jaxb.properties file and I am unable to
comprehend why this happens....

Your help will be really appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Kedar Bapat,