users@jaxb.java.net

JAXB in Websphere

From: Douglas Jackson <douglasscottjackson_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 05:02:40 -0700

We have run into websphere problems with xerces
versions. There is one thing you can do to
guarantee that your choice of parsers are used in your
application. A command line argument
  com.ibm.ws.classloader.J2EEApplicationMode
set to true in Websphere 4.0.3 and above. With this
setting you put all of your dependant jars inside
your ear file. In the Manifest for the war and
ejb jar, you need to add a classpath setting listing
the jars in the ear. In this manner we were able to
use the Xerces jar of our choice for our application.
It worked better in Weblogic than Websphere but that
should be no surprise. Websphere 4.0.3 had flakey
memory errors for us in this mode. With Weblogic no
special flag is needed to package ears in this manner.
                      -Doug.