users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Bundling JAXB

From: Brian Franklin <brian_at_thoughtriver.com>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 00:24:29 -0400

For others who are reading, I would like to put forth an additional
clarification regarding this issue--the difference between bundled
downloading vs. bundled distribution.

As a developer, it is true that you must download the entire JWSDP to get
the latest of any of the constituent technologies.

However, when distributing your application that uses one or more of the
constituent technologies, the licensing of the JWSDP states that the
individual components can be distributed separately. For example, you would
not have to redistribute the entire JWSDP if you were just using JAXP in
your application. The files that make up each redistributable component are
described in the docs/ReleaseNotes.html file that comes with the JWSDP.

---
NOTE:
        There might be a bug in the ReleaseNotes.html file that comes with
the JWSDP 1.1.  There is a link in the last line of the Contents section
that says: "Updated, online versions of the release notes are available
here."  The "here" links to
http://java.sun.com/webservices/docs/1.0/ReleaseNotes.html , which should
probably actually be
http://java.sun.com/webservices/docs/1.1/ReleaseNotes.html .
---
I would also like to go ahead and point out something that Ryan said earlier
concerning licensing questions: "Please direct future licensing questions to
jaxb-comments_at_sun.com - this is a more appropriate forum for discussing
specific licensing issues directly with Sun employees."
Brian Franklin