users@jaxb.java.net

Lazy Classloading

From: Martin Bosak <bosakm_java_at_FMCTC.COM>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 19:00:19 -0600

Hi,

I think it would be useful to have a compiler option to generate the ObjectFactory class such that it does not load all the generated class files when the ObjectFactory class is referenced.

The reason I request this is that I am generating classes from the IFX 1.4.0 schema and there are literally thousands of class files generated and consequently will be loaded into the JVM's memory. Right now, we are only using a subset of the IFX elements and thus wasting processor time to load those unused classes.

Marty