users@jaxb.java.net

Dealing with "any" elements

From: joe user <palehaole_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 21:21:08 -0800

Hello Jaxbers (how do you pronounce "jaxb", btw?),

I am working on using JAXB to bind some XML schema for
a protocol which unfortunately has some sections like
this:

  <complexType name="readWriteType">
    <sequence>
      <any namespace="##other"/>
    </sequence>
  </complexType>

JAXB doesn't support binding an "any" element; if I
try to get that element, I get null. So what I need
to do is replace that part of the protocol with
put the real element types in there. In actual
practice, only three different types are ever used in
the <any> section.

So I put those in, and the files are there, but the
files have the same names for some of their types,
which causes class name collisions.

It seems like I should be able to fix this by
annotating these files like this:

    <appinfo>
        <jxb:schemaBindings><jxb:package
name="com.foo.otherschemapackage"/></jxb:schemaBindings>
    </appinfo>

to get that particular file all into the
com.foo.otherschemapackage package. But that seems to
have no effect. I still get class name collisions.

Any sugestions on how to prevent class name
collisions, or how to handle this problem with "any"?

Thanks!