users@jaxb.java.net

Re: CDATA in marshalling output?

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 08:07:19 -0800

I can see sometimes CDATA section is desirable. Certainly it is
equivalent, but for human beings, it often makes a big difference.

I think the easiest way is to write a XMLFilter and set up a marshaller
as:

    Marshaller --> YourCDATAConverter --> XMLWriter

Your converter can look for elements you'd like to use CDATA, and switch
to CDATA.

I'm interested in learning more about how and why people wants to use
CDATA (so that we can better understand what the problem is and how we
can potentially solve it).

regards,
--
Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI                  408-276-7063 (x17063)