users@jaxb.java.net

Re: J2SE target version for JAXB?

From: Ed Mooney <Ed.Mooney_at_sun.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 08:28:57 -0400

Hi Olivier,

Right now, there's a tight coupling between the code generated by the
compiler and the implementation classes shipped in jaxb-ri.jar. In order
to use a JAXB application with a different set of implementation
classes, you need to recompile your schema with that implementation's
compiler. In other words, there's no set of implementation classes we
could ship with J2SE that would work with all compilers.

See Section 3.1 of the JAXB spec for more details.

Regards,
--
Ed Mooney         |Sun Microsystems, Inc.|Time flies like
Java Web Services |UBUR02-201            |an arrow, but