users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Binding customization for "synchronized"

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 09:59:37 -0700

> Sub-tree locking is probably extremely difficult, if not impossible, to
> achieve using standard or built-in synchronization techniques

No. I think it's just difficult for the JAXB RI to do it. Application
developers can invent whatever way that suites them, and those are not
necessarily complicated. It's just that there's no "one-size-fits-all"
solution.

I think I'm just objecting to position the <xjc:synchronized />
customization as "the" solution to the synchronization issue. Since
adding that functionality is not so hard, I *personally* don't have any
problem in adding that feature.

So if we could find a nice way to expose it that sets the proper
expectation for users, that would be great.

regards,
--
Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI                  408-276-7063 (x17063)