users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Binding customization for "synchronized"

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 07:54:51 -0700

> There were others that I considered higher-priority or more interesting.

I'd be interested in hearing them, too. And thank you for the elaborated
post.

> Approach 3 would be used in cases where complex properties, like lists and
> such, did need that extra level of external synchronization, but there
> would be an obvious lock object to use--the configuration object itself.

The case I had in my mind is where I'd like to lock a complete sub-tree
or some region of the content tree, not just one object with its
attached properties. If you could look at the recent XML&XSD posted from
Russell Johns, I'd like to lock the entire <executableInfo> section when
I'm letting one thread to modify it, for example. And to me, that is the
common case.

regards,
--
Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI                  408-276-7063 (x17063)