users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Problem in compiling Scheme compiler in JAXB

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 07:21:01 -0700

Looks like you are using DTD with the binding syntax of EA1.

Things have changed drastically since the EA1, and we no longer support
DTD as a product.

The DTD support is still there, but only as an experimental feature, so
it might be removed from future versions of the JAXB RI.

If you are OK with all those limitations and still want to compile DTD,
try:

    $ xjc.sh -dtd trade.dtd -b trade.xjs

We appreciate any feedback about the DTD support, and it will help
determine the future course of the DTD support.

Personally, I'd love to see people use it, and again personally I'm
fully interested in fixing bugs, etc, but they should be warned that our
commitment to DTD is not as serious as XML Schema.

Or you could rather convert your DTD to XML Schema. There are excellent
tools available out there that do this (like "Trang".)

regards,
--
Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI                  408-276-7063 (x17063)