users@jaxb.java.net

Re: how to obtain namespace of the unmarshalled object?

From: Ryan Shoemaker - JavaSoft East <Ryan.Shoemaker_at_sun.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 12:08:13 -0400

Eric Ma wrote:
> I did exactly that and nothing happened for me. On a related note, I also did

Can you be more specific? I just tried your sample app and got the schemaLocation
attribute in the marshalled xml:

<purchaseOrder orderDate="1999-10-20-05:00"
     xsi:schemaLocation="myNamespace http://my.com"

> Marshaller.setProperty(Marshaller.JAXB_FORMATED_OUTPUT, Boolean.TRUE) and I did not get an formatted output. Any suggestions?

I threw some returns in the output above for readability, but in general the
difference between formatted and unformatted output in JAXB 1.0 FCS is simply
line breaks - it doesn't indent, but it will in the next release.

Thanks,

--Ryan