users@jaxb.java.net

JAXB and Tomcat 3.2

From: Robert Lowe <rmlowe_at_rmlowe.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 18:55:37 +0800

Just thought I'd share this with anyone who needs to run JAXB on Tomcat 3.2.

I've found that following the usual method, outlined on the Web page below,
doesn't work in Tomcat 3.2.

http://java.sun.com/xml/jaxb/jaxbWithTomcat.html

JAXB complains that it is unable to locate jaxb.properties, even though
jaxb.properties is included in WEB-INF/classes or in a jar file in
WEB-INF/lib. This seems to be an issue with the way that classloaders work
in Tomcat 3.2; the problem does not occur in Tomcat 3.3.

The workaround is to place jar files that contain the generated classes into
<TOMCAT_HOME>/lib instead of in WEB-INF/lib.

Robert Lowe
http://RMLowe.com/

+852 9520 4722
rmlowe_at_rmlowe.com