users@jaxb.java.net

Re: [ANN] Namespace prefix remapper

From: Malachi de AElfweald <malachi_at_EOTI.ORG>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 14:00:05 -0700

On Thu, 6 Mar 2003 11:12:55 -0800, Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM> wrote:
>The code contains some severe limitations, such as it might break global
>attribute names or it cannot handle QNames in values, but still I hope
>it will solve a large portion of problems that we've heard so far
>regarding this issue.

What do you mean?

>Let us know what you think, so that we can integrate functionalities
>like this into the marshaller in the next release.

<foo1 xmlns="http://www.example.com/foo">
  <foo2></foo2>
  <b:bar1 xmlns:b="http://www.example.com/bar"></b:bar1>
</foo1>

It looks good. A couple questions on it...
Shouldn't the xmlns:b be on the root tag, then the b tag just be:
<b:bar1></b:bar1> since it is defined as a global mapping, not specific to that node?

Also, I see you use the DataWriter, which seems to do a pretty good job... Why is it not in the Javadocs? Is there a way to tell it to collapse empty elements (ie: <b:bar1/>)?

When are we looking at the next release? I notice it is listed as Final currently on the JCP.

Malachi