users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Different packages for jaxb elements.

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 15:21:35 -0800

> If I have a data model that spans more than
> one package is there a way to get the xml to
> unmarshal into multiple package spaces? For
> now all the classes go into 1 package with a
> JAXBContext for that package. What if coneptually
> I wanted to split the classes across a package
> structure?

Unfortunately everything under the same target namespace needs to go to
one package.

> Can something like this be done with XPath?
> Or do you use the root class i.e "com" and namespaces
> to create classes in multiple packages?

I don't understand how XPath relates to this. If your question is if you
can do that by using external customizations, the answer is no.

Anything you can do with an external customization, you can do with
an internal customization, and vice versa.

regards,
--
Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI                  408-276-7063 (x17063)