users@jaxb.java.net

Re: ID's supported properly? MVS vs. JAXB

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 14:28:22 -0800

> According to:
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/WD-xml-2e-20000814#NT-TokenizedType
>
> xml elements/attributes of type ID must start w/ a non-numerical character.

That is correct.

> JAXB will cheerfully use the same schema to generate its classes,
> un-marshal and marshal the same XML w/ narry a complaint!

This behavior is expected if you are turning off the validation
explicitly. Are you?

But otherwise JAXB RI should detect the error when you unmarshal a
document. Let me know if you think this is a bug of RI.

Note that during the marshal time, JAXB RI doesn't do any validation, so
it's expected that this error is not reported.

regards,
--
Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI                  408-276-7063 (x17063)