users@jaxb.java.net

Re: com.sun.xml.bind.util.ListImpl

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 09:36:01 -0800

The reason why the wrapper is used is that the RI needs to be able to intercept
any change to a List.

This handling is necessary to properly handle element/attribute default
values. I don't particularly like the way it is, but that's the reason.
Because this is required by the spec, it's not something we can change
by ourselves.

Basically this wrapper just looks for invocations to the mutation
methods, and do something occasionally. But the wrapped real List
implementation does the real work of storing values.

So if you specify @collectionType, you can change the performance
characteristic but not the method signature.

regards,
--
Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI                  408-276-7063 (x17063)