users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Problems Deploying FCS with WebSphere 3.5.4

From: Marcus Walls <marcus.walls_at_aspective.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 14:37:46 +0000

Ryan,

>This file was removed between beta and FCS, so you must have your
>jars or classpath mixed up. You might also want to make sure that
>WebSphere hasn't cached your beta JAXB jars somewhere on the server
>- we've seen that problem with Tomcat before.

Thanks - it was indeed a caching problem which I'm actually quite
pleased about since I'd spent so much time checking my classpaths,
installing and reinstalling that it really would have been quite
embarrassing to have been a classpath problem.

A note for anyone else that may need to use JAXB on WebSphere 3.5.x
(or anything else that requires a half up-to-date copy of Xerces) -
you need to add -Dcom.ibm.servlet.classload.delegate=false to the
startup options for the JVM in order to allow your copy of Xerces
to take precedence over the one that comes with WebSphere.

Marcus