users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Generating to different packages throgh inclusion

From: Sekhar Vajjhala <sekhar.vajjhala_at_sun.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 05:27:16 -0700

>What about when you have separate namespaces defined for each schema file?
>I have about 5 different schema files and each defines its own namespace.
> Some of the schema files will use the "import" to bring in one or more of
> the other schema files/namespaces. But could this configuration work for
>breaking up the JAXB generated classes into multiple packages? I know
> that
> when I ran the code generator all the code when into a single package but I
> didn't so anything special to try to break them up into different packages.

A target namespace is mapped to a package. So if there are 5 multiple
schema files, each defining its own namespace, then this would be
mapped to 5 different packages. This is true even when a target namespace
is being imported.

There can be one <schemaBindings> customization per target namespace.
So in the above example, each schema file can contain a single
<schemaBindings> declaration that applies to the target namespace
defined in that file.

Sekhar Vajjhala - Sun Microsystems