users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Generating to different packages throgh inclusion

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 12:42:36 -0800

Everything with the same target namespace will go into the same Java
package. And there's no exception to it.

It doesn't matter whether you use two xsd files or one file.

So the short answer of the status quo is that there's no way you can
achieve what you want. I think it can be considered as a bug of RI for
failing to raise an error for those two conflicting customizations.

That said, I think I'm seeing this request (ability to sub-divide one
namespace into multiple Java packages) fairly frequently, and I think
it's well founded. Some schemas are really big, and naturally one would
want to split them into sub-packages.

regards,
--
Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI                  408-276-7063 (x17063)