users@jaxb.java.net

Re: default values

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 07:16:46 -0800

I'm afraid we don't support element default values.

The workaround to this problem is to use a parser like Xerces, which can
optionally fill in default values for application.

You can configure Xerces appropriately, and tell the JAXB unmarshaller
to use it during the unmarshalling. In this way, JAXB will see default
values as if they were present in the input document, so you'll get the
effect you need.

regards,
--
Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI                  408-276-7063 (x17063)