users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Default attribute value for the inhereted from the restriction ty pe

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 11:52:16 -0800

I can't believe this is a legal schema, but apparently it is... Sigh.

I can tell you that this won't work in the current version of JAXB RI.
The workaround could be to write an XMLFilter that fills in a correct
default value as if it's there in the instance document, or use a parser
like Xerces and turn on PSVI augmentation so that the JAXB unmarshaller
sees those attributes as if they are present.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

regards,
--
Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI                  408-276-7063 (x17063)