users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Abstract ComplexType working or not in FCS?

From: Mark Brouwer <mark.brouwer_at_virgil.nl>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 18:20:41 +0100

Kohsuke Kawaguchi wrote:

> I'd like to see relevant element declarations such as <logger> and
> <console-handler>.

<console-handler> has no additional element declarations on top of the
abstract type, which I think is valid according to the Schema
specification, but here you have a link to a publicly available schema
http://www.cheiron.org/schema/buzz-config.xsd . This schema is used by
us, together with an external binding declaration.

> > Another issue I find problamatic is that it is most of the time a hell
> > of a job to locate validation problems based on the message in the
> > exception, will this be improved in the future, an indication of the
> > linenumber would be a big help.
>
> Thanks for the feedback. I'll file a request-for-enhancement for this so
> that this issue will be tracked.

Ok

> Meanwhile, you can set your often ValidationEventHandler and print the
> line number and so on. If I recall correctly, the unmarshaller already
> report the line number. It's just the default implementation of
> ValidationEventHandler that doesn't report those location information.

I will have a look into this, thanks
--
Mark Brouwer