users@jaxb.java.net

how to unmashall custom subclasses of schema derived binding classes?

From: Joe Panico <joe_panico_at_HOTMAIL.COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 11:40:26 -0700

Hello,

The JAXB EA allowed me to tell the JAXB runtime that it should unmarshall a document into a user specified subclass of the JAXB managed binding class. In the EA, it worked this way:

aDispatcher.register( JAXBManageClass.class, MySubclass.class);

This is critical for allowing me to add domain specific logic to the xml bound class while still being able to, at any time, modify the schema and generate new schema derived binding classes without clobbering my domain specific logic.

How do I do this with the new JAXB?

thanks

Joe