users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Unmarshal exception..

From: Ryan Shoemaker - JavaSoft East <Ryan.Shoemaker_at_sun.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 11:26:39 -0500

Enrico Zini wrote:

> I'm still not an expert in XML namespaces, so I can't tell if it's a bug
> or it was a flawed use of namespaces, but the obscurity of the error
> message can certainly qualify as a bug. It left me quite resourceless,
> for a while: before removing the namespace directives, I've even tried
> unmarshalling an XML file containing only a single valid root element,
> and I still got the "Unexpected element" UnmarshalException.

Enrico,

JAXB is currently a beta quality product - we are actively fixing bugs and
limitations. So far, none of our tests have exposed the problem you and Bill
are describing. Please work with us to identify the cause of the issue so we
can improve the quality of the final release version. If you can put together
a simple test case that reproduces the problem, then send it in and we'll be
happy to evaluate it. Until then, it will be impossible for us to fix the
problem.

Thanks,

--Ryan