dev@jaxb.java.net

Re: [Fwd: fastinfoset unmarshaller fix in jaxb] JAXB version bundled with JDK 1.6 update 5

From: meinc <meinc_at_web.de>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 09:08:17 -0700 (PDT)

Bhakti Mehta wrote:

> I checked in U5. it is 2.1.3 You can check xjc -version in the
> JAVA_HOME/bin and that will confirm
>> Also: I assume replacing bundled version should work by just adding
>> reference implementation jar in classpath, and letting service
>> introspection work its magic and use this one, not the jdk-bundled
>> one. Is this correct?
>>

> Yes that is right
> Regards,
> Bhakti

There might be some problems if beahviour is added to the generated classes
and an ObjectFactory needs to be used. See my post
http://www.nabble.com/transparently-switch-between-JDK-internal-JAXB-and-2.1.7-on-classpath-to18587227.html.
I do have a workaround which I described in this post but I'm still not sure
whether one should fix the problem this way.