dev@jaxb.java.net

JAXB and semantic annotations

From: Pierpaolo Vittorini <pierpaolo.vittorini_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 15:38:09 +0100

Hi,
in my research project I have to deal with semantic annotations
(http://www.w3.org/TR/sawsdl/). More specifically, what I need is to:

1. Compile an XML schema (with semantic annotations) to a set of Java classes;
2. Use the generated classes in a web service;
3. See the original semantic annotations in the web service WSDL.

I'm not really sure, but the problem should regard only JAXB.

Unfortunately, semantic annotations seems to be unsupported at the moment,
thus all semantic mapping between the original schema and the ontology get
lost when deploying the service.

To let JAXB deal with semantic annotations, which could be the proper way?
Maybe a plug-in?

Thanks,
Pierpaolo Vittorini.