dev@jaxb.java.net

Re: Customizations in JAXB 1.x

From: Aleksei Valikov <valikov_at_gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 10:59:22 +0200

Hi.

> Eduardo told us that your paperwork was done.

Cool. ;)

> We just need to come up with a plan for working with external contributors.
> You're our first one, so we need to figure out what the process will be
> like.
> For example, we need to make sure that you know when and where to commit
> code so that it doesn't disrupt our internal product release cycles. We
> typically branch and freeze, so it shouldn't usually be a problem. Stuff
> like that...

I suggest the following:

Having an extension/correction in mind,
1. I file an issue (and observe the discussion on it).
2. Add a new branch.
3. Make my changes on this branch.
4. Commit them.
5. Post a comment that I'm finished.
6. Someone from the project owners reviews my changes and merges/denies
them.

On the 1 and 6 stages project owner have the clear possibility to deny
the proposed changes.

I always work on branches, never commit to the head - this adds security
to your side.

Bye.
/lexi