users@jax-ws.java.net

Re: "java.io.IOException: Error writing to server"

From: Jitendra Kotamraju <Jitendra.Kotamraju_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 07:52:50 -0700

Kirk True wrote:
> Hi Vivek,
>
> --- Vivek Pandey <Vivek.Pandey_at_Sun.COM> wrote:
>

>> The stack trace shows that the error is coming from HTTPUrlConnection.
>> Is the JDK version same in both the cases?
>>

> This is running 1.5.0_11 on Windows XP. An interesting thing that I just now noticed is that the
> client (Windows XP) appears to be running under VMWare...
>
> Another point to note is that when running under 1.6, we get the same error, but it happens with
> as few as 2 threads.

* Can you see the output of netstat -a, if it gives any clues(like
running out of sockets, resources etc)
* You can also play with these standard JDK system properties
||http.keepAlive=<boolean>, |http.maxConnections=<int>
* There are some more minor fixes to Keep-Alive in 2.1.2(It is for
doc/lit and body is mapped to void). You can give a try.
* Does this happen when client is running on someother machine(not in
VMWare environment)

Thanks for giving a lot of info in identifying the actual issue.