users@jax-ws.java.net

Re: Provider API with JAXB

From: Jitendra Kotamraju <Jitendra.Kotamraju_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 15:52:45 -0700

Angel Todorov wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is there any way to use JAXB at the provider API level ? I see from
> the documentation that currently the message (and its payload) can
> only be accessed using the class SOAPMessage, which is DOM , and
> therefore induces performance issues for big messages.
Sure, you can implement Provider<Source> for both payload and message
modes. Once you have the source, you could use JAXB.

for e.g.:
@WebServiceProvider
@ServiceMode (value=Service.Mode.MESSAGE)
public class HelloImpl implements Provider<Source>

There is also implementation-specific extension i.e. Provider<Message> .
See
http://weblogs.java.net/blog/kohsuke/archive/2007/03/dispatch_and_pr.html

Jitu