users@jax-ws.java.net

Usage of JAXR client libraries

From: Prashant Jamkhedkar <Prashant_Jamkhedkar_at_symantec.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 12:04:00 -0700

Hi,

I want to use JAXR client libraries with JDK 1.6 (JAXWS 2.1), any
available
opensource registry, freebxml or jUUDI, providing JAXR provider support.

I did find that earlier JWSDP 1.6/2.0 was bundled with simple UUDI 2.0
registry and
also bundled freebxml.

Currently, JAXR client libraries, seem to be bundled in Glassfish.

Is it possible to separate the jaxr client part and bundle with jaxws,
as it makes
sense to a user to have it with jaxws, rather than package it with
javaee. ? I
assume that this activity would be on jaxr.dev.java.net, but this page
does not show
any activity.

What is the recommened registry for usage with the jaxr client bundled,
as I have
realized that the Registry server (bundled with Glassfish/App Server
9.x), seems
to be freebxml ?

Netbeans-5.5.1-beta, shows that it supports bundled JAXR 1.0, but does
not
have a separate library. (only if you have App Server option support)

I would appreciate answers to any questions above from JAXR/JAXWS
experts.

Thanks,
-Prashant