users@jax-ws.java.net

Dynamic content from Endpoint.getMetadata

From: Bert Roos <broos_at_cordys.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 12:05:28 +0100

Hello everybody,

Just a day ago, I started exploring the possibilities of JAX-WS. One of
the things I would like to do is implementing dynamic web services. Such
a dynamic web service implementation supports different web services,
where the collection of supported web services is stored in a persistent
store. When I interpret the code correctly, the method
Endpoint.getMetadata needs to be able to return a collection of all
supported WSDLs - at least place-holder Source objects that act as
proxies to the stored meta-data. If that analysis is correct, I would
have to query all stored web services to fill that collection.

Can somebody confirm whether this analysis is correct? If it is, can
somebody explain why this approach is chosen instead of making this
dynamic?

Thanks in advance,

Bert Roos

message by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the
intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the
message, or any action or omission taken by you in reliance on
it is prohibited and may be unlawful. Please immediately contact
the sender if you have received this message in error. This email
does not constitute any commitment from Cordys Holding BV or
any of its subsidiaries except when expressly agreed in a written
agreement between the intended recipient and
Cordys Holding BV or its subsidiaries.