users@jax-ws.java.net

Re: Getting started with GetterWebService

From: Cameron Taggart <cameron.taggart_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 12:31:27 -0800

Thanks Vivek. When I use the nightly snapshot I get the correct error
message: "Wrapper class jaxws.jaxws.GetInt is not found. Have you run
APT to generate them?"

wsgen looks like the right tool for the job. "The wsgen tool
generates JAX-WS portable artifacts used in JAX-WS web services. The
tool reads a web service endpoint class and generates all the required
artifacts for web service deployment, and invocation."

So, how come I don't need to do this additional step when using CXF?
I guess I'll ask them. My guess is they do something like wsgen
behind the scenes when Endpoint.publish is called. That is really
convenient. I was expecting JAX-WS RI to do that too. Oh well.

cheers,
Cameron