users@jax-ws.java.net

Invoking a .NET web service using JAX-WS 2.0

From: Ryan LeCompte <Ryan.LeCompte_at_pangonetworks.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 16:40:29 -0400

Hello,

I just finished converting one of my web services from JWSDP 1.6 to JAX-WS 2.0, and I'm running into a bit of a problem. The actual service implementation is written in .NET, and the client is written using JAX-WS 2.0. The same client used to work fine with JWSDP 1.6, however I'm not seeing service operations go through with JAX-WS 2.0. My question is:

I know that JAX-WS 2.0 now accesses the WSDL remotely to determine which operations should be invoked (e.g., http://service/myservice.asmx?wsdl). By default, the .NET runtime auto-generates the WSDL at runtime when you use the ?wsdl extension in the URL. Could this be causing a problem? The interesting thing is that I don't see any errors on the Java side, and no errors in the log file on the .NET side. The data types involved are also polymorphic in nature (base type, sub-type, etc). This used to work fine in JWSDP 1.6. The only problem I can see is that the WSDL used to generated the client (in JAX-WS) is (slightly) different from the auto-generated WSDL when accessed as http://service/myservice.asmx?wsdl.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Ryan