users@jax-ws.java.net

Re: Specifiying keystore on a per-Service basis

From: Jitendra Kotamraju <Jitendra.Kotamraju_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 16:38:02 -0700

Ryan Hofschneider wrote:

> Howdy:
>
> I am using Dispatch.invoke() to interact with a web service over SSL.
> I am currently specifying a keystore and truststore by setting the
> appropriate system properties. I have also discovered
> HttpsURLConnection.setDefaultSSLSocketFactory().
>
> However, I am looking for a solution that won't globally effect
> requests to other services within this app or other web applications
> hosted in the same container. Can I achieve this with the existing
> JAX-WS API, or do I have to abandon this approach and manage my own
> HTTPS connections?

At present, you have you have to mange your HTTPS connections. you can
set a factory using HttpsURLConnection.setDefaultSSLSocketFactory(), and
your factory could be written such a way that it affects only certain
connections.

Someother users are also asked about this. One solution is to take
SSLFactory, HostnameVerifier objects as properties(much like the
USERNAME_PROPERTY) in RequestContext, and set them on HttpsURLConnection
for each request. we will add this feature on rearch branch.

Jitu