users@jax-ws.java.net

How to consume a webservice that is available over https

From: Srikanth <spraveenm_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 12:45:32 -0400

Hi

   I have a web service that is available over https. When I tried to invoke
it I am getting the following exception..

calling https://localhost/SeniorApps/WebService/HelloService
WARNING: Unable to connect to URL:
https://localhost/SeniorApps/WebService/HelloService due to
java.security.PrivilegedActionException: javax.xml.soap.SOAPException:
Message send failed: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path
building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException:
unable to find valid certification path to requested target
java.rmi.RemoteException: ; nested exception is:
        HTTP transport error: javax.xml.soap.SOAPException:
java.security.PrivilegedActionException: javax.xml.soap.SOAPException:
Message send failed: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path
building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException:
unable to find valid certification path to requested target
        at
com.senior.wsclient.runtime.SeniorHelloServiceBinding_Stub.sayHello
(SeniorHelloServiceBinding_Stub.java:93)
        at com.senior.wsclient.SeniorHelloServiceClient.sayHello(
SeniorHelloServiceClient.java:41)
        at com.senior.wsclient.SeniorHelloServiceClient.main(
SeniorHelloServiceClient.java:29)
Caused by: HTTP transport error: javax.xml.soap.SOAPException:
java.security.PrivilegedActionException: javax.xml.soap.SOAPException:
Message send failed: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path
building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException:
unable to find valid certification path to requested target
        at oracle.j2ee.ws.client.http.HttpClientTransport.invokeImpl(
HttpClientTransport.java:144)
        at oracle.j2ee.ws.client.http.HttpClientTransport.invoke(
HttpClientTransport.java:120)
        at oracle.j2ee.ws.client.StreamingSender._sendImpl(
StreamingSender.java:169)
        at oracle.j2ee.ws.client.StreamingSender._send(StreamingSender.java
:110)
        at
com.senior.wsclient.runtime.SeniorHelloServiceBinding_Stub.sayHello
(SeniorHelloServiceBinding_Stub.java:77)
        ... 2 more

How to configure my client to get around this problem ?

Thanks
Praveen