users@jax-ws.java.net

Re: tied to HTTP only - serious limitation

From: Doug Kohlert <Doug.Kohlert_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 08:29:26 -0700

Peter,
We are in the process of refactoring the JAX-WS code to address this
issue and some other issues. The refactored JAX-WS will be much more
pluggable, especially in the transport area. It is also significantly
faster. The refactored JAX-WS will not make it into Java 6 but will be
available standalone and part of glassfish. I cannot give any dates for
it at this time.