users@jax-ws.java.net

Re: Building JAX-WS 2.0 Services with NetBeans 5.0 and GlassFish

From: Bobby Bissett - Javasoft <bobby.bissett_at_sun.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 16:50:31 -0500

> Thanks for catching this -- your suggestion is indeed the easier way to
> do it, and I have updated the article to reflect this. Letting the app
> server do the work for you is a huge gain, and creating a web service
> with GlassFish is remarkably simple now.

As a side note, the GlassFish NetBeans library isn't needed for creating
the service (I've added a note to the article). Some of the GlassFish
jars are already in the project library when it is created, and these
are enough to compile the service class and create the war file that is
deployed.

The library *is* needed when creating the test client to get the
WsImport ant task in the NB classpath so that it can be run to create
the client artifacts. I'm not sure why this is true, since the ant task
is in a jar in the GlassFish library that you get automatically after
creating the web app. There may be something I'm doing wrong, but so far
I can't tell. I'll try to find out, since it would be nice to skip this
step and take full advantage of GlassFish being added as a server to
NetBeans.

Cheers,
Bobby