users@jax-ws.java.net

JAX-WS and JAXB

From: Ryan LeCompte <Ryan.LeCompte_at_pangonetworks.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 09:02:21 -0500

Hello all,

When using the dispatch/provider features of JAX WS 2.0, is it possible
to utilize these interfaces with JAXB in a more "dynamic" mode? To be
more specific, JAXB currently seems to only generate Java objects based
on the WSDL/XML in a static fashion (at build time). Is there a more
dynamic approach to unmarshalling payload messages via the Provider
(with JAXB support) interfaces that don't require me to manually walk
the whole DOM model in memory? (As the provider sample code demonstrates
in the JAX-WS nightly distribution). If I have to walk the whole DOM
model in memory, what is the easiest/most developer friendly way to deal
with the message payload?

Thanks,

Ryan