dev@jax-ws.java.net

Fiber in UDP transport binding

From: Stephan Poehlsen <poehlsen_at_itm.uni-luebeck.de>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 10:20:15 +0200

Hello,

a student of me has written a prototype UDP transport binding for
JAX-WS. Currently there is a discussion about the Fiber in the
UDPTransportTube. In the HTTP as well as in the SMTP transport binding
one Fiber is used for one request-response. The SMTP binding uses the
In-Reply-To Email header to map the response to the correct Fiber.

In the UDP binding it seems to be a bit more complex since there is no
such ID, instead WS-Addressing is used. So it would be nice to have the
dispatching in WS-Addressing. Another thing is that a multicast request
might result in more than one response. I think in this case it is not
possible to use the same Fiber multiple times.

How would you use the Fiber in an UDP transport binding?

Thanks,
Stephan