dev@jax-ws.java.net

Re: Decoders and the DecoderFacade class

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 11:57:04 -0800

Paul Sandoz wrote:
> But it currently does not work well for an Encoder. It is not possible
> to tell the EncoderFacade that it should encode using FI because it is a
> run time decision based on a previous response.

I think EncoderFacade should be figuring that out by itself, based on
the packet. I don't want the caller of Encoder to start worry about
which encoder to use or anything like that.

Encoder gets to see a packet, so it should use that information (like
how the FI content negotiation happened, etc) to determine which encoder
to use.

So I think EncoderFacade can still work.

(But we might want to change getStaticContetnType to take a Packet.)

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi