dev@jax-ws.java.net

Re: Proposal: create another module in the RI workspace

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 10:11:20 +0100

Kohsuke Kawaguchi wrote:

> I was talking with Arun and this idea came up.
>
> Shouldn't we have another module inside the RI to host miscellaneous
> utility code like
>
> 1) local transport
> 2) dump pipe
>
> ?
>
> It's somewhat like our test harness, but the idea is that it hosts
> things that don't need to be shipped, but nevertheless useful for the
> development. And unlike the test harness, this can live in the java.net
> CVS repository.
>
> What if we call that the 'util' module (or any other good name
> suggestion welcome.)
>
> Since it doesn't have to be a part of Mustang. I think the impact of
> necessary build script change is small.

That would be useful and defintely makes sense to easily reduce the size
for Mustang.

In the future this may also be useful for customers that need to provide
some information on a bug e.g. we are planning to provide plubable
transports, and such a plugable transport could be the local transport.
Using the local transport without any client code modifications could be
any easy to not only debug client/server in one address space but also
to get access to SOAP messages.

Paul.

--
| ? + ? = To question