dev@jax-ws.java.net

Re: Possible bugs in MtomEncoder?

From: Vivek Pandey <Vivek.Pandey_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 07:01:49 -0800

Paul Sandoz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Should the MtomEncoder assume that the charset is UTF-8 for the SOAP
> message? What if we want to create UTF-16 encoded XML SOAP messages?

I dont think so. We dont have programming model to allow encoding
anything other than utf-8. This is ok even from policy assertion point
of view where it says andpoint should be able to digest utf8,utf16BE and
utf16LE. As far as sending is concerned we can keep sending utf8.

> Should the Content-Type header of the SOAP 1.2 part include the
> 'action' parameter? See the example here [1], where 'action' is
> included in both cases. Not sure it is required (the spec does not
> say) and it certainly makes it easier if it is not.

Good catch. Spec says that[1], though indigo doesnt emit it. I wil make
this change anyway. . The action should go as parameter on to
Multipart/Related header and also on the Content-Type mime header of the
root part.

-vivek.
[1]http://www.w3.org/TR/xop10/#identifying_xop_documents