dev@jax-ws.java.net

Re: XMLStreamWriterEx

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kohsuke.kawaguchi_at_sun.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 10:13:42 -0800

Paul Sandoz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have include set/getNamespaceContext on XMLStreamWriterEx.

I think getNamespaceContext makes sense but I don't know about
setNamespaceContext. The said method on StAX API never made any sense to me.

I could see passing NamespaceContext as a parameter to create new writer
instance, (that indicates the currently in-scope namespace bindings so
that you can write a good fragment when you are using StAX.)

But what does it mean to 'set' a new NamespaceContext in the middle of
writing? And it's not like the get method will return what you set, and
it's not like the writer will hold on to the reference of
NamespaceContext we 'set'.

So I think it's better if we just leave it to getNamespaceContext.

> I have not used Maven before, tried to compile but gave up after about 5
> mins... (i know not very persistent but i have to get home before the
> rush hour) ... i downloaded version 2.0.1...

You are welcome to write an ant build script :-) it should be pretty easy.

Maven 1 and Maven 2 aren't really compatible, and I still use Maven 1.
So download that, and you'll be happy :-)

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi